Associate Attorney – Miami
Seeking An Associate Attorney
Do you want to help individuals and businesses cross borders seamlessly?
We are an entrepreneurial immigration law firm in Miami Florida that is on track for aggressive growth and we need an experienced Associate Attorney to join our team and work directly with the owner and attorneys to support the team and help our clients.
We want to be known for helping our clients stay in the United States with their loved ones, knowing they had a team behind them who really cared and fought for them. We are growing fast, and we need an Associate Attorney who can hit the ground running.
This position will be responsible for important work, including:
- Take ownership of a client’s case – federal immigration proceedings and state court criminal cases
- Conduct client meetings and recommend strategies
- Delegate work to paralegals and legal assistants and monitor their work
- Full-service immigration services: family immigration, employment immigration, deportation defense
- Felony and misdemeanor cases: discovery, pleadings, and motions; pretrial hearings, motion hearings, and criminal trials.
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be our Associate:
- You have litigation experience along with a can-do attitude.
- You have a sense of humor
- You believe the Constitution is more than a technicality
- You believe in creative solutions to your client’s situations as opposed to just filing out a plea form
- You can think outside the box
- You always show up to appointments on time, especially court appointments
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You do not think scanning or copying documents is “beneath you.”
We love to help people learn and grow. But we don’t have the time for that right now. We need an Associate Attorney with experience in immigration and basic criminal law. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal hand-holding.
This is a full-time job where you are expected to manage a caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work *in the office* for 40 hours per week. Competitive compensation available depending upon experience. There is an opportunity for bonus compensation for those who can demonstrate their profitability.
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with immigration law clients and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Do not send your resume through this website. Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps. [For example: SMITH associate attorney AWESOME]
We look forward to reviewing your application.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THIS SYSTEM AND THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Call Us Now To Get Started