Seeking A Marketing Assistant
The primary responsibility of the Marketing Assistant is to help “make it rain” by doing the tasks that coordinate and execute the marketing plan, so the Owner, Marketing Director, Rainmakers, and Vendors can create the leads needed to reach gross revenue goals within the budget of the Marketing Department. The Marketing Assistant is a Non-Exempt position.
The Marketing Assistant reports to the Marketing Director (or Administrator/Owner until that position is filled).
The Marketing Assistant will not have any authority over other staff except when specifically delegated by the Owner. For example, the Marketing Assistant may be delegated authority to organize and manage events and other tasks related to marketing and may be allowed to call upon other staff for assistance.
Non-attorney support staff are prohibited from practicing law by the ABA’s Rules of Professional Conduct and State Bar Association rules. All client-focused work done by the Marketing Assistant must be in support of and under the direct supervision of an attorney. In dealing with clients and potential clients, the Marketing Assistant must be careful not to inadvertently slip into the unlawful practice of law. This would include answering client questions about what will happen in their case or recommending that a client undertake a certain course of action during their case.
Duties and Responsibilities
New Client Acquisition
- Develop and execute approved marketing plans:
- Oversees the Back End Marketing system: ensuring GAS calls are blocked on the Owner’s calendar, providing call lists to the Owner prior to the call, preparing a list of individuals to whom notecards need to be sent after each marketing event or on important dates and ensure the CMS are updated timely.
- Provide marketing information updates via the Firm’s Newsletter, email marketing pieces, and social media channels Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linked In, Google Updates, Alignable, Tic Tok, Yelp, Next-door Neighbor and YouTube to maintain strong awareness of key client related subjects.
- Recommend and develop press releases and/or ads for local media when advertising is included in the marketing strategy as recommended by the Owner.
- Assist Owner with writing monthly articles.
- Execute Social Media Marketing Strategy and ensure quarterly social media strategy meeting.
- Attend regular local networking events to cultivate and nurture relationships with possible new clients and referral sources.
- Keep abreast of the Firm’s social calendar and ongoing and upcoming projects and programs so as to be able to inform prospective clients and to answer questions from staff.
- Identify opportunities for the Firm’s Rainmakers to host or participate in Events at which prospective clients will be present.
- Identify target rich environments to put on seminars and webinars for prospective clients.
- Take responsibility for the arrangements for seminars and webinars to be conducted for prospective clients.
- Identify outside organizations that would be willing to invite attorneys to speak to their members, clients, or service populations.
Retention of Existing Clients
- Provide direct assistance and support to the Owner in the development of marketing programs to increase client satisfaction with the Firm.
- Create and Send out surveys to determine client satisfaction and identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Update and maintain the current tracking system (Clio Grow) to monitor and report on progress with leads, prospective new clients, and referral sources. Maintain current clients/Prospects/Leads statistics and report weekly to the Owner. Also report on progress on new prospects, leads, proposals in process, trends, etc.
- Develop and maintain the necessary supplementary materials that are to be included with the new client proposals, such as fact sheets, brochures, newsletters, maps, pictures, etc.
- Develop marketing materials for targeted audiences and practice areas and maintain materials to be distributed in response to inquiries and referrals.
- The Marketing Assistant will at all times maintain the Firm’s marketing documents and materials (electronic and paper) in locations that are accessible to the Client Intake Specialist and Firm Administrator.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings with the Owner.
- Comply with all rules and regulations as stated in the Firm’s Policies and Procedures and Florida State Bar Rules related to attorney advertising.
Education & Experience
- The Marketing Assistant should have educational background in marketing at the Associates’ Degree level, or should have work experience in marketing at an equivalent level.
- One to three years of experience working in marketing is preferred.
- Experience with CRM systems, graphic design software, social media, WordPress, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
Matrix of Tasks
- Create contacts and update contact information in the case management or contact management system
- Post on all social media channels
- Check and respond to messages on all social media platforms
- Attend Marketing Meeting
- Administrative filing
- Compile metrics on incoming calls and leads
- Mail and email notes, cards, gifts, etc., per the post-engagement glidepath and top of mind awareness.
- Plan pitch for BNI
- Plan topics for Facebook & Instagram live.
- Provide accurate translations of Newsletter.
- Planning and scheduling monthly seminars
- Assist in Marketing Campaign Planning
- Assist in Social Media Campaign Planning
Key Performance Indicators
- 2 postings on Social Media sites daily
- Schedule XX seminars and workshops for Owner
- Increase firms qualified leads by X percentage
- No more than 3 unplanned absences in a 90-day period