Protection For Domestic Violence Victims Under VAWA

The Violence Against Women Act, or VAWA, is an important piece of legislation that offers benefits to many people. Even though in the name of the act it specifies that it is for women, both men and women can qualify if they are eligible. If you married someone and came to the United States on a family visa, you typically won’t have to worry about deportation – even after a divorce – if it is because of domestic violence. Additionally, many people can qualify for a visa if they are being abused in their home country. Talk with one of our attorneys to determine whether VAWA can help you with your immigration situation.

You may qualify for this type of petition if one of the following applies to you

  • You are married to a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident and your spouse has abused you or your child
  • Your parent is a US Citizen or Legal Permanent resident; you are under twenty-five (25) and your parent abused you
  • You have an adult child (over the age of 21) who is a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident and he/she has abused you.

If you feel that you may be eligible but are not sure call us so that we can evaluate your case.

Even if you are not eligible for VAWA you may be eligible for another visa or for special rule cancellation of removal under VAWA, so call us and schedule an appointment for a strategy session.

Serving Immigrants

Call Us Now To Get Started
(305) 907-6151

Translate »