What is Premium Processing Service?

Premium Processing Service provides expedited processing for certain employment-based petitions and applications. When you use Premium Processing Service, the USCIS will issue a decision on your petition or application within 15 calendar days, or your fees are returned. The 15 days begin when the USCIS receives the relevant petition or application along with Request for Premium Processing Form. You file for Read More

Are eSports Athletes Eligible to Apply for a P-1 Visa?

In recent years athletes from around the world have come to the United States to participate in eSports tournaments. This came after a 2013 decision when USCIS approved its first P-1 visa for an eSports athlete to participate in a U.S. competition. This demonstrated that USCIS was no longer resistant to considering an eSports gamer an athlete and opened the door to thousands of other eSports athletes. This has helped Read More

Understanding Expedited Removal

Expedited removal is a process that allows immigration officers (including lower-level immigration officers) to deport select noncitizens immediately upon encountering them. It generally occurs at Ports of Entry, but you could be subject to expedited removal elsewhere if you are undocumented, it has been two weeks or less since you entered the United States, and you are within 100 miles of the border. You could also Read More

Understanding P Visas

A P visa is a temporary work visa that allows outstanding athletes, athletic teams, and entertainment companies, to work in the United States temporarily. P visas are also available for essential support personnel and spouses and dependent children. The length of the P visa depends on the classification and can be extended in some circumstances. P-1 Visas for Athletes and Group Entertainers  These visas are Read More

What is an L-1 Blanket Visa?

An L-1 visa is a visa that allows for the temporary transfer of a foreign worker that is an executive, manager, or falls into the specialized knowledge category, to the United States to continue working for the same employer or its parent, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate. It is a nonimmigrant visa. There are two types of L-1 procedures: L-1 Individual Visa—allows for the transfer of a single individual. L-1 Read More

¿Qué es una Visa de Manta L-1?

Una visa L-1 es una visa que permite la transferencia temporal de un trabajador extranjero que es un ejecutivo, gerente, o cae en la categoría de conocimientos especializados, a los Estados Unidos para seguir trabajando para el mismo empleador o su matriz, sucursal, subsidiaria, o Afiliado. Es una visa de no inmigrante. Hay dos tipos de procedimientos L-1: L-1 Visa Individual: permite la transferencia de un solo Read More

Proving Good Moral Character in a VAWA Application

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) creates a potential path to citizenship for survivors of domestic violence. Survivors can receive a green card if the abuser was or is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse or parent. A survivor must also meet other criteria, including establishing that they are of good moral character. What is Good Moral Character?  Good moral character has an ambiguous definition in the Read More

Demostración de Buen Carácter Moral en una Solicitud VAWA

La Ley de Violencia contra la Mujer (VAWA) crea un camino potencial hacia la ciudadanía para las sobrevivientes de violencia doméstica. Los sobrevivientes pueden recibir una Green Card si el abusador ya sea cónyuge o padre era o es un ciudadano estadounidense o residente permanente. Un sobreviviente también debe cumplir con otros criterios, incluyendo demostrar de que es de buen carácter moral. ¿Qué es el buen Read More

Differences Between an O-1 Visa and an EB-1 Green Card

For foreign nationals with extraordinary abilities, there are a number of different visas that can be used to work in the United States. Choosing the right one can be a complicated matter. Some people might plan to change from an O-1 visa to an EB-1 green card, and it is important to know the differences. What’s an EB-1 Green Card? An EB-1 green card is for individuals who demonstrate expertise or recognized talent Read More

Visa Applicants Required to Disclose Social Media Presence

In the spring of 2019, the U.S. State Department announced a new policy that would require all visa applicants to submit information about their social media presence. This includes foreign nationals who are applying for immigrant or nonimmigrant visas. Social Media Information Visa applicants must now provide information about every social media platform they have used in the five (5) years prior to their Read More