H-1B Visa Options For Workers With Specialized Experience

The H-1B visa program is a temporary work-based visa that allows individuals in specialty fields to work in the United States. Employers that utilize the H-1B program use it to fill positions that they cannot fill within the US workforce.

For an individual to come to the United States on an H-1B visa, the position they are hired for must meet certain specifications:

  • The position must require at least a bachelor’s degree, and this degree requirement must be standard in the industry
  • The duties of the job must be specialized enough that the knowledge required for those duties can only be earned through a bachelor’s degree or a more advanced degree

The visa process begins with the employer. The employer files Form ETA-9035 and Form I-129. From there, the employee can begin the visa application process. The initial visa is valid for up to three (3) years, but it may be extended up to a total of six years.

If you are seeking entry to the United States with a H-1B visa or you are planning on hiring employees with this program, working with an immigration lawyer can help you navigate this complex process. Reach out to Serving Immigrants, Inc. now to schedule your strategy session.

Serving Immigrants

Call Us Now To Get Started
(305) 907-6151

Translate »