Transfer To The U.S. As An Executive Or Employee On An L-1 Visa

U.S. employers that want to bring employees from an international branch of their company to a U.S. branch often utilize L-1 visas. Under the L-1 visa, employees have an initial maximum stay of one (1) year if they are establishing a new branch. Those working in an established branch can stay for up to three (3) years. Extensions may be granted, up to a maximum of seven (7) years. After obtaining an L-1 visa, individuals may apply for permanent residency after one (1) year in valid L-1 visa status.

The L-1 visa categorization includes L-1A and L-1B visas. The L-1A is designed for executives or managers transferring from an international branch, while the L-1B is intended for transferring employees with specialized knowledge.

As is the case with many business visas, the employer must petition on behalf of the employee.

If you want to bring an employee or manager to the United States with an L-1 visa, let us help you get the process started. Schedule your strategy session with Serving Immigrants, Inc. now.

Serving Immigrants

Call Us Now To Get Started
(305) 907-6151

Translate »