Citizenship / Naturalization
Through the naturalization process, a foreign national can become a U.S. citizen and enjoy the full rights and freedoms bestowed upon those born in the country. To qualify, an individual must meet the specific requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. If you’re ready to make your mark as a U.S. citizen, we will assist you throughout the naturalization process.
Fulfill Your American Dream Through Naturalization
The naturalization process allows those born in other countries, who are currently lawful permanent residents, to become United States citizens. The process is quite rigorous, so it is crucial to work with a skilled immigration attorney as you navigate your options.
Those interested in naturalization must meet strict requirements, including:
- Hold permanent residency for at least five (5) years or three (3) years if you are a spouse of an American citizen
- Be eighteen (18) years or older
- Have good moral character
- Be present in the United States at least half of the time
- Have a passing score on a U.S. history and government test
- Have the ability to read, speak, and write English
- Maintain lawful status for the entirety of your time in the United States
- Take an oath of allegiance to the United States
As part of the naturalization process, you will need to file an Application for Naturalization, submit your fingerprints, and attend an interview with an immigration officer. Upon successful completion of all the requirements, you receive an appointment notice. At this appointment, you are sworn in and you receive your naturalization certificate.
Fees and requirements can change regularly. When you work with Serving Immigrants, Inc., we will help ensure that all deadlines are met and that you attend all necessary appointments. If you are ready to become a United States citizen, take the first step right now and reach out to our team.
Call Us Now To Get Started