Immigrant victims of domestic violence have the ability to pursue protection from their abusers. Under the law, the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) offers spouses, children, and parents of US citizens and permanent residents protection from abuse. If you are a victim of domestic abuse, you could self-petition without the fear of deportation or adverse action. Additionally, it is important to consider that you could also be eligible for a U Visa. In other words, some victims could be eligible for either the VAWA self-petition or a U Visa. If you are unsure as to which visa is the right one, it is vital to consult with an attorney who is experienced with domestic violence victims’ visas. At Serving Immigrants, attorney Cuprys will attentively listen to your case and assess the best course of action.

More Information:

Serving Immigrants

Call Us Now To Get Started
(305) 907-6151

Translate »