Visas For Crime Victims

Visas Offering Support and Relief to Crime Victims

As one of the world’s most prosperous countries, the United States has a responsibility to help those who are victims of crimes, domestic abuse, and human trafficking. There are several types of visas that offer shelter to victims. These visa programs strive to provide options to exploited groups and individuals, giving them the chance for a fresh start in the United States.

Each type of visa/green card supports a different group of victims. Under VAWA, those who suffer domestic abuse at the hands of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident may be entitled to permanent residency. 

U visas support those who are victims of qualifying crimes. 

T visas offer immigration benefits to those who have been victimized by human trafficking. Learn more about different visas for crime victims below and please call Serving Immigrants, Inc. when you are ready to take the next step.